The main areas of knowledge of Metroeconomica are related to:
Economic assessment of impacts:
- We have extensive and recognized experience in the assessment of the economic and social impacts of climate change (mitigation and adaptation);
- We carry out economic analyzes of specific sectors such as energy, transport, housing, water, agriculture, infrastructure, among others, including assessment of external costs and the quantification of indirect impacts;
- As well as economic valuation of air quality (for example, in the Clean Air For Europe initiative), water emissions (for example, the EC Water Framework Directive) and waste management options;
- And assessment of environmental impacts and public health.
Analysis of Public Policy:
- Analysis of the linkages between policy interventions, environmental performance and competitiveness;
- Appraisal of environmentally-related strategies, policies and projects, and the development of methodological frameworks for such appraisals;
- Design, implementation and political economy of environmental market-based instruments;
- Linkages between trade policies and environment issues;
- Particular expertise in climate, energy, transport, tourism and waste policy;
- Assessment of policy relating to occupational health risks.
Environmental Management and Sustainability:
- Life Cycle Assessment support including data collation, advice on methodological issues and literature reviews;
- Development of Life Cycle Cost Models;
- Carbon management including carbon footprinting, establishing baselines and targets, identifying and quantifying options, developing action plans and stakeholder consultation;
- State of the environment reporting;
- Development of sustainable development indicators;
- Sector specific sustainability research, analysis and reviews.
- Institutional assessments and support for environmental governance;
- Advice on the establishment of and strategy for a variety of environmental organisations and centres;
- Training and workshops;
- Management of participation processes of stakeholders;
- Support for specialization in advanced methods of economic analysis.